Two sisters Juliet and Chioma (surnames withheld) have been arrested by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) for allegedly selling their mentally-challenged younger sister’s son for N350,000. Also arrested by NAPTIP Lagos command were a pastor’s wife, Efe, and one 45-year-old Mrs. Alabi alleged to have bought the month-old-boy from the sisters.
Plus.ng gathered that the suspects were rounded up on January 30 following a complaint by the siblings’ brother, Chibuzor. Chibuzor, it was gathered, was worried when he asked to see their sister’s son born on January 8, but was told he had been handed over to someone who would take care for him. NAPTIP Commander Daniel Atokolo said it was the fifth time the woman identified as Doris had lost her children to the greed of the people around her. He said, “Many might argue that this is possibly in the best interest of the children, but the agency calls on Nigerians to please explore legal means of adoption as purchase or sale of babies is a crime that is punishable by law. “The agency as you may be aware adopted a five-pronged strategy to the fight against human trafficking which is Policy, Prevention, Protection, Prosecution and Partnership.”
Ighalo To Wear United No. 25 Jersey
Former Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo will wear the No. 25 jersey at Manchester United, the Premier League club revealed on Tuesday. United revealed Ighalo’s jersey number on their Twitter page. Ighalo joined United on a six-month loan deal from Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua on Friday. The shirt was previously won by former United captain Antonio Valencia and ex-South Africa international Quinton Fortune. Super Eagles legend Nwankwo Kanu also wore the jersey number while at United’s rivals Arsenal. Ighalo, who was brought in to cover the gap left after Marcus Rashford’s injury, is set to make his debut for United during their trip to Stamford Bridge for their Premier League clash against Chelsea on February 17.
Chelsea Set to Boost Lampard with £150m for Summer Transfer
Chelsea are ready to give Frank Lampard the opportunity to overhaul the side with £150million to spend this summer, according to reports. When Lampard left Derby County to succeed Maurizio Sarri at Stamford Bridge, he was unable to add to the squad due to FIFA imposing a two-window transfer ban. That has since been lifted and according to UK’s the Evening Standard, Lampard will now be backed to the tune of £150m with his list of targets including Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner and Lyon star Moussa Dembele. Lampard was irritated on transfer deadline day that the Blues hierarchy had failed to deliver another striker, leaving Olivier Giroud stuck at the club despite angling for an exit. He sought reinforcements to bolster their top four credentials with the Blues in a fight with Manchester United, Tottenham, Wolves and Sheffield United for the fourth spot. Napoli’s Dries Mertens and Paris Saint-Germain’s Edinson Cavani were considered on short-term deals before those pursuits ended unsuccessfully and Lampard finished the January window as he started.